Thursday, August 31, 2006

Stubborn child



Well, with only 5 days to go until my due date, it doesn't appear that Sadie has any interest in making her grand entrance any time soon. Doctor's visit today went fine, but just goes to prove my suspicion that she's going to be a very stubborn child! The doctor is going to schedule an induction for September 14th, so unless something changes between now and then, Sadie's birthday will be September 14th. My grandmother, a firm believer in "old wive's tales" thinks she will be born on September the 8th because that is when the next full moon occurs. I guess we'll all just have to wait and see what Sadie has in mind for us! Although, I do hope it's soon because I'm very tired of hearing people at work say "You're still here?!"

As for what else is going on in the Badgett household --- Alex started soccer last week. His team is named -- appropriately, I think -- the Rugrats. Can you image coaching a team of 3 and 4 year olds soccer?! Or maybe I should say - TRYING to teach them soccer. I hope that coach has a good wife at home who waits for him after each practice with a stiff drink!! They have one practice a week on Thursday and then a game on Saturday mornings. The games start next weekend and should provide a lot of laughs and comic relief!! Alex is very excited though, and I must admit, can kick the ball well for a 4 year old. Expect pictures to come!

Not much else is going on in good ole Greensboro -- waiting for the rain from Tropical Storm Ernesto and looking forward to a long, holiday weekend. Hope all is well with everyone else. Talk to you again soon.

No comments: